Archives of Annual Report of
ICI Journals Master List
We kindly inform you, that on 25.05.2017 a new version of ICI World of Journals / ICI Journals Master List system and website would be published at journals.indexcopernicus.com.
ICI World of Journals / ICI Journals Master List system allows you to:
- create and manage Journal’s Passport in ICI World of Journals,
- submit a questionnaire for ICI Journals Master List evaluation,
- introduce article metadata along with full-text in PDF to your Journal’s Passport (so far - ICI Publishers Panel Basic).
At the same time, ICI Publishers Panel Basic would be shut off. Editors interested in submitting articles to Journal’s Passport are welcome to sign in to ICI World of Journals / ICI Journals Master List, using the same account information.
In case of any questions, you may contact us by phone (+48 22 487 53 93) or at firstname.lastname@example.org
ICI User Support Team
Index Copernicus International
The ICI Journals Master List database contains over 22 000 journals, including 3000 from Poland. Journals that are registered here, underwent a multidimensional parameterization successfully. As a confirmation of the indexation in our database journals receive the ICV (Index Copernicus Value)
Since many years, the evaluation of scientific journals has been conducted through an analysis of every published issue, on the basis of both journal’s declaration in an application form and hard copies – full versions – of evaluated journals, delivered to the Index Copernicus Office. This is the only comprehensive journal evaluation in this part of Europe – fully based on facts and Index Copernicus archives consisting of original issues of the evaluated journals for a current as well as past years. Experts, who take part in evaluating and formulating the criteria of the process deal with bibliometrics, analysis of scientific achievements and productivity on a daily basis.
Journals evaluation methodology by Index Copernicus refers to experience of many years gaining from the previous evaluations and the cooperation with the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, especially in creating the journal ministerial list. The most important influence on the methodology had results of the implementation of the ICI Publishing Star.
ICI Publishing Star is an integrated, multidimensional methodology of evaluation and the development of a scientific journal based on the long-term research and experience of Index Copernicus Experts. The model allows to determine essential parameters that should be fulfilled by a journal to increase the citation rate effectively.
ICV Index Copernicus Value is the measure of a journal’s strength. It provides information on how fast a published article is able to increase the citation rate.
Index Copernicus Value consists of a sum of the points from the two constituents:
- Quality of scientific journal – the quality of a journal is measured on the basis of the level of fulfillment of the criterion in the specific functional areas of a Journal based on the IC Publishing Stars mode.
- Impact of scientific journal – the impact of a journal is determined on the basis of its citation rate which reflects the dynamics of a journal and the extent to which it has been recognized in the scientific world.
THE USE OF ICV GRADE
Index Copernicus Value (ICV) is a respected measure used to rate scientific journals. It is recognized by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education and the Ministry of Health. The results of the Index Copernicus evaluation are widely used by the scientific community and the public sector units in Poland, European countries (the Czech Republic, Romania, Bulgaria) but also other countries. The ICV
- scientific journal publishers - mainly used to know a scientific journal evaluation and its strong and weak points so as to determine actions that contribute to the increase of the citation rate and prestige,
- research workers - allows to obtain information on the journals such as which journals are worth to publish in or information which is essential to conduct research that improve journal’s quality and the citation rate in the future,
- research units - provides information on the strong and weak points of the journals published by the units, which is an important aspects while evaluating researcher’s work,
- public institutions -the ICV grade can be used here as one of the criteria of the assignment of financial resources.
Journals, which underwent the evaluation successfully may promote its scientific content by feeding it into the Index Copernicus website through the ICI Publishers Panel system - on their own and free of charge.